S05 - Bandon State Airport, Oregon Coast, US.
Bandon State Airport is a public airport located two miles (3.2 km) southeast of the city of Bandon in Coos County, Oregon, USA. It has one asphalt runway, 16/34 that is 3,601 feet (1,098 m) long by 60 feet (18 m) wide and medium intensity runway edge lights. The airport has a fixed based operator.
It is located on the beautiful southern Oregon coast.
Improvements: version 1.00
1) ) Removed all auto generated MSFS structures, then added all buildings including hangars, assorted other structures, fences, people and scenery.
2) Placed the correct number of hangars and other buildings and objects in their proper location.
3) Added commercial structures and scenery objects bordering the airport perimeter and taxiways.
4) In order to make many of the improvements, not only did I have to do scenery; but in the process, I had to redo the whole airport including runways, taxiways and aircraft parking, etc.
5) Removed and replaced huge and out of place default tower/beacon.
6) Installed airport night lighting.
7) Runway in both directions have correct glide slope indicator lights (Papi4, MIRL and REIL systems).
8) Re-did all taxiway lights by hand.
9) removed and placed windsock to the correct location.
To make this a simple and easy install, all the enhancements I've done use only the default objects, buildings etc. built into the SDK/MSFS2020.
Unzip the file and take the downloaded folder "alpharecon-airport-s05-bandon" and place it into your FS2020 Community folder. Once installed, the airport will be highlighted with a plug in icon in the FS2020 "world map".
Past completed projects:
1) S45 - Siletz Bay State Airport, Oregon coast, US.
2) KONP - Newport Municipal Airport, Oregon coast, US.
3) 6S2 - Florence Municipal Airport, Oregon coast, US.
4) KOTH - Southwest Oregon Regional Airport, Oregon coast, US.
Thanks for your interest in Bandon State Airport. I hope you enjoy my version.