This representation of the Hartlepool Nuclear Power Station in County Durham is an improvement over the autogen buildings, but is not using handcrafted models so is far from an exact replica. I've made some creative use of generic Asobo assets for the buildings and clutter on site which means this probably doesn't hold up to close scrutiny but gives a decent overall impression of the facility from a distance - so please follow the civil aviation rules on restricted airspace around nuclear power stations and avoid getting too close! 😉
I also included a few details to represent the adjacent ABLE Seaton Port, where oil rig decommisioning projects are underway. The Asobo oil rig model is brighter and shinier than the rusting hulks that are actually at this site, but that's the best I can do with the default models available to me!
DEPENDENCY 1: You will need World Update I: USA to get the model for the oil rigs being decommisioned adjacent to the power station. This is available free from the MSFS Marketplace.
DEPENDENCY 2: You will need the excellent We Love VFR Region 1 to get the models for some chimney stacks (some are repurposed as wind turbine towers awaiting installation). Thank you PuffinFlight for letting me use some of your models!
Please leave a comment and review if you like this scenery 😃!
It'll take a while, but I'll gradually work my way through adding scenery to this list of nuclear sites.
- Sizewell Nuclear Power Station, Suffolk
- Hinkley Point Nuclear Power Station, Somerset
- Bradwell Nuclear Power Station, Essex
- Torness Nuclear Power Station, East Lothian
- Dounreay Nuclear Power Station, Caithness
- Dungeness Nuclear Power Station, Kent
- Hartelepool Nuclear Power Station, County Durham
- Oldbury Nuclear Power Station, South Gloucestershire