Do you like flying VFR and watching the World below you? Do you sometimes feel that something is missing? We Love VFR is here to help you. We Love VFR is a free add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator that adds thousands of new VFR-friendly objects. In this version, you get communication, radio, and tv antennas, chimneys, cooling towers, radar domes, construction cranes, and satellite/radio telescope dishes. I have plans for many more.
What's new in this update?
- Africa and part of the Middle East added!
- ~1700 cooling towers in over 100 variants
- Smoke effects
- Obstacle data for over 20 countries
What We Love VFR includes?
- Over 150 000 objects were placed in region 1.
- Coverage of all Europe, Africa, and part of the Middle East.
- In this version mobile communication, tv and radio antennas, chimneys, cooling towers, radar domes, construction cranes, and satellite/radio telescope dishes.
- Smoke and steam effects for chimneys and cooling towers - wide and temperature dependant
- Puffin AI* - correct placement and appearance of objects**
- Included detailed obstacle data from 22 countries (for now mostly African and small European countries, list below)
- Over 100 custom models
- Lower spec PC friendly
- Much more planned
Need power lines and ski lifts?
How to install?
Find your „Community” directory and just copy "a-puf-we-love-vfr-region1" there. That’s it. That’s it. If you’re updating my addon, remove the old version before installing the new one.
If you have a conflicting addon refer to the included ReadMe file.
If you don't like smoke effects, or they somehow kill your fps, first of all, report it here or on discord, but then you can download the "no effects" version of this add-on.
Warning: To get satellite dishes/radio telescopes you need "USA Points of Interest" by Asobo, from the official World Update USA installed. It's available in the marketplace for free.
It's not really a beta anymore but I don't have much time for testing so...
...don't be mad if you see any errors, just report them to me so I can fix them ;) If you see an object that you know but its appearance, join our discord and report it there. I'll try to add/fix it for the next version.
- in very rare cases there might be an office building instead of a chimney (I don't mean cooling towers, these are not implemented in the mod at all... yet). Same with office building in place of the demolished cooling tower. This is a case of mismatched data between Asobo and OSM and has to be fixed manually. Report it in comments or in discord.
- most of my objects are switched off on photogrammetry to avoid conflicts. Unfortunately, photogrammetry boundaries are sometimes different than real photogrammetry coverage. Because of that objects that are close to photogrammetry areas might not appear at all. If you find an object like this, just report it to me so I can switch it on.
*Not really AI. Just quite complex conditions, but AI sounds a lot better.
**Depends on data availability.