Page Municipal (KPGA) is a regional airport in Arizona. It's at the center of the Grand Circle Parks: Grand Canyon, Arches National Park, Lake Powell, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley and Zion National Park) inviting travelers to come and explore with regular sightseeing flights over Lake Powell, Glen Canyon Dam and the Horseshoe bend.
The airport is served by two runways (15-33 with 5,950 ft) and crosswind runway (07-25 with 2,200 ft ... closed by NOTAM). It has daily flights to Phoenix. Page Airport is also served by three full service FBO’s: American Aviation, Classic Aviation and Lake Powell Jet Center. There's also Charter Service and Air Tours of the Grand Circle. Contour Airlines operates Embraer ERJ-135 regional jets on all of its scheduled passenger flights serving the airport.
Caution to high altitude and high temperature in this area. Check your Density Altitude ;) And beware of strong wind. You don't have the 15-33 runway closed by NOTAM ;)
In the year ending December 30, 2018; the airport had 16,341 aircraft operations, average 45 per day: 51% general aviation, 46% air taxi, 2% airline and <1% military. 75 aircraft were then based at this airport: 76% single-engine, 19% multi-engine, 3% helicopter, and 2% jet. The airport is an uncontrolled airport that has no control tower. (Source: Wikipedia)
Charts available at Airnav: https://www.airnav.com/airport/KPGA and Skyvector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=36.888408036135914,-111.4172973590498&chart=301&zoom=5
As for all of my MSFS mod, this small scenery is made from a pilot-eyes perspective. The scenery is inspired by aerial views from Bing and Google maps. It's a mix between the satellite imagery displayed from MSFS and more accurate data found on Internet. I did my best, based on online videos and pictures freely available. I also used some of my personal video taken during several of flights here, just as a visitor. Hundreds of objects have been added to the default scenery to make it more live. If you have local pictures to help being more accurate, please, let me know!
- Add custom made Million Air Lake Powell FBO and hangars
- Add custom made main terminal, main hangar, American Aviation and Classic Aviation FBO buildings
- Fix 4-box VASI (on the left) (2 rows, 2 boxes)
- Enhance the helipads apron (need more work, maybe in version 2?)
- Reveal the 2 x compass rose markings added at Million Air FBO and close to helipads ramp
- Fix all taxiway signs and runway warning/information. There's one sign missing labelled AAAA (if you know what's in it, please let me know)
- Add all blue light poles
- Fix the color of re-asphalted taxiways and runways, add weathered asphalt all around the field
- Fix texture on the nearby Golliard's Park
- Fix circuit pattern position (rwy 25 right traffic)
- Add the starting point of the Airport Trailhead. Perfect spot to watch aircraft landing 33
- Add VOR checkpoint marking and sign on run-up 33
- No extra library or depedencies required.
How to install?
Unzip the file into your Community folder. Keep the folder structure from the zip (\AirportServices \ContentInfo, \MaterialLibs, \scenery, layout.json and manifest.json at the root directory). Once installed go to KPGA as usual, this scenery replace the stocked MSFS one.
- Free stocked MSFS Sedona (KSEZ)
- World Update II (USA) and X (USA)
- World Update XI Canada(only for electric pole)
Known bugs and not included
- Some blue poles are misplaced
- Attention to the night environment
- Delta Connection CRJ-145 static is fictitious at Page. The 3D static model is provided by Helijah/Emmanuel Baranger
- Golf Cart 3D models are free model by ApoloDZ