Füzer Castle and the surrounding area are considered one of the seven natural wonders of Hungary. It was built in the 13th century, and later destroyed in the early 18th century. It remained as a ruin until it was rebuilt by the town of Fuzer in 2016. There were no pictures, drawings or written records of the castle prior to its destruction, so the accuracy of the reconstruction has been a controversial topic.
Runway that departs in the direction of the flight plan: 18
Distance: 16 nautical miles
Recommended: Aircraft that can cruise under 85 KPH. Slower airspeed = better behavior of visual waypoint markers.
Recommended: The relevant World Update should be installed (Welcome tab > Marketplace > search for "World Update").
Do not engage the copilot. Engaging the copilot will turn on AI Radio Communications (ATC). Even if it is engaged only momentarily, it may trigger the display of a Pattern Entry marker for the remainder of the flight, which will alter or suppress waypoints.
MSFS settings for the best experience with this flight plan: Options > Assistance Options >
- Piloting > AI Radio Communications (ATC) > Off (required to properly display the waypoints)
- Navigation Aids > Route and Waypoints > On
- Points of Interest > Landmark Markers > On
- Points of Interest > City Markers = Off (optional - declutters the screen)
- Points of Interest > Display Direction to Chosen POI > Off (disables the confusing destination marker)
- Points of Interest > Display All Labels > Off
How to Use This Flight Plan
- Unzip the downloaded file into any folder.
- The flight plan is the file that has the “ .pln ” filename extension.
- MSFS > Welcome tab > World Map > Press Spacebar twice (More > Load) > Load From ...
- Navigate to where you saved the flight plan and select it.
- In the "From" airport, select the departure runway (provided in this description, above).
- Click on the Flight Conditions window at the top right to adjust time and month.
- Click on "Fly" at the bottom right of the screen.