Are you ready to test your flying skills and get overwhelmed by the view? Here are some VFR transitions from KMYF Montgomery field, San Diego.
Start with the taxiway Delta transition over San Diego International airport at 1500 feet. Enjoy the view over the San Diego bay, the USS Midway museum and the Coronado Bridge. Then, go practise touch & goes at Brown Field but don't cross the mexican border! After that, fly back via the North Island Shoreline transition and look at Hotel Del, North island NAS and Point Loma. Stay at 500 ft to fly BELOW the KSAN departure ! You next reporting point is the Crystal Pier reporting point. Now it's time to head back home to Montgomery via Palomar and Ramona airport... for a fly-over Miramar Marine Corps Air Station, former Top Gun home base.
- "Delta Transition" : depart from Montgomery (KMYF) to fly over San Diego Intl (KSAN) at 1'500 ft
- Enjoy San Diego Downtown, USS Midway Museum, San Diego Marina and the Coronado bridge
- Land at Brown Field at the Mexican border à la frontière mexicaine
- Sightseeing over Imperial Beach, iconic Hotel Del, Coronado beach right on the North Island NAS final approach
- "North Island Shoreline Transition" to join point Loma, its lighthouse and maybe whales watching ?
- "Shoreline Transition North": at or below 500 ft below KSAN departure (if facing west)
- Land at Palomar (KCRQ) et Ramona (KRNM) to practise regular VFR navigation just up north San Diego
- "Miramar Transition": fly over the iconic Miramar MCAS before joining one of the downwind for Montgomery
- Flight length : 111 nm
- Flight Duration : +1h00
- Number of legs : 4
How to install?
Unzip the file into your Community folder. Once installed, launch MSFS, go to Activities, Bush Trips and select Delta Transition and more missions.
- You start this mission on runway 28L. If you want a Bush Trip version with Cold&Dark at Gibbs apron (my flying club is based here at Montgomery), please let me know!
- Voice navigation instruction played by the Bush Trip features of MSFS can overlayed your ATC communication. Wait! It's like in real life. It's time to challenge the sterile cockpit concept
Recommanded addons I have also created an upgrade for your departing airport and other in the San Diego area :
- Montgomery Field (KMYF) : https://flightsim.to/file/5856/montgomery-gibbs-exec-airport-taxiway-fix-and-many-more
- Ramona (KRNM) : https://flightsim.to/file/25710/ramona-krnm
- Gillespie (KSEE) : https://flightsim.to/file/36679/gillespie-field-ksee
- Brown Field (KSDM) : https://flightsim.to/file/38035/brown-field-muni-kdsm
Remark: this Bush trip is my second bush trip created for MSFS. Thanks to the tool BushTripInjector, which is used to build it by BuffyGC (you don't need to download it to use my bush trip, only if you want to create your own).
Comments are welcome! If you enjoy this Bush Trip you may also considering another one I've create replicating our last flight trip Farwest 2019 : https://flightsim.to/file/5502/farwest-2019-bush-trip