This is an update for quelcertoleo's Diamond Point airport scenery.
Quelcertoleo did a great job, but the scenery has not been updated for a long time and appears abandoned, leading to problems arising along with the numerous MSFS updates that followed the release. I'm aware that quelcertoleo uploaded the source project to GitHub, but I am not very experienced in editing someone's source code, so I made this update instead. This update requires the original quelcertoleo scenery and some libraries (links follow).
CAUTION! DO NOT OVERWRITE quelcertoleo SCENERY WITH THIS!
1. Corrected windsocks at both 2WA1 and WA45 (they pointed at funny random directions before).
2. Chopped some trees on approaches to both 2WA1 and WA45 to match satellite imagery and real-world photographs.
3. Covered some satellite imagery defects.
4. Removed the light beacon tower from 2WA1 (there is a light beacon in 2WA1, but it's in a different place and not on such a huge tower, but I couldn't figure out where — ideas are welcome).
5. Removed the weird guy hiding behind the loo in 2WA1 (why was he hiding there?).
1. The original quelcertoleo scenery from here.
2. "Windy things" object library from TRFSTO (windsock object).
3. (optional) "BeeKay Pack1" library from BeeKay (a single tractor behind the barn in WA45).
How to install:
0. DO NOT! LISTEN, DO NOT OVERWRITE THE QUELCERTOLEO SCENERY WITH THIS!
1. Install quelcertoleo original scenery.
2. Install the "Windy things" object library.
3. (optional) Install the "BeeKay Pack1" object library.
4. Unpack the afd-2wa1-corrections folder from this archive to your Community folder (see below how to locate it).
5. Start the sim.
6. Go to the Menu|Options|Experimental and enable the Package Reorder Tool.
7. Find the afd-2wa1-corrections in the list and press the "DOWN" arrow once.
8. Scroll down and ensure that the afd-2wa1-corrections has the priority "1" and is located BELOW the quelcertoleo scenery. If not, repeat step (7) until it is.
9. Close the tool and restart the sim.
10. Load into 2WA1 and make sure you see an amber, not striped, windsock.
How to locate your Community folder:
This page contains the information on how to locate the Community folder depending on your MSFS purchase format.
Quelcertoleo for the original scenery
TRFSTO and BeeKay for the object libraries
This scenery package is freeware and made to be distributed exlusively via flightsim.to. No damage should occur if used properly, the author takes no responsibility for the consequences of improper use. This add-on contains no files from the scenery it's intended to correct and update.
Donations are greatly appreciated. You can donate via this link.