Welcome to EDTQ Pattonville, a small general aviation airport in the north of Stuttgart, Germany. It is home to eight flying clubs operating mostly gliders and single-engine planes. The EMS helicopter Christoph 51 is also based at Pattonville since 2009, when it moved over from Stuttgart Airport.
Pattonville is also a spiritual homebase of the German flight simulation podcast Die Simulanten at cruiselevel.de. They deserve a big shout out! This scenery would probably not exist without them persistently mentioning Pattonville. :-D
As usual, unzip the contents and drop the folder tumbleweed-airport-edtq-pattonville into the Community folder.
This scenery features:
- reworked ground layout with new runway and taxiway placement to better match the aerial imagery
- additional parking locations around the airport
- custom-built tower
- custom-built Christoph 51 medical helicopter base
- some custom-built hangars
- additional hangars and objects added from libraries
Version 2.0 major update:
- added large commercial building (aka fitness center) adjacent to the airfield
- accurate runway markings
- grass runway updated, now has edge markers
- increased detail on tower and helicopter base
- added objects around tower, including accurate ground marking
- Added LODs on tower and helicopter base for improved performance
- drive-in cinema movies now only shown when it is dark
- Replaced fences with more accurate variants
- added special white lights at RWY 10 threshold
- ground crew removed
- added a ditch on final RWY 10
- Please note: Windy things library is also needed for the windsocks, I had forgotten to list this library before!
- The airport altitude is slightly different from the default version. Plus I messed a bit with terraforming. so terrain may not be exactly accurate.
The scenery requires the following libraries:
- MSFS 2020 object library 200+ models - towers hangars to
- Mikea.at - AssetPack
- Mikea.at - Airport Markings
- EDHK Lights & Objects Developers Pack (Asset-Pack)
- Windy Things
Created using textures from ambientCG.com, licensed under the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal License. All trademarks, logos and brand names used in the scenery are the property of their respective owners and are used solely for recreating a real-life rendition of the airport. The helicopter used in the screenshots is HPG's H145, which is not part of this scenery package.
Please report any bugs that you may encounter. If you are familiar with Pattonville airport in real life, please also let me know if you have any suggestions regarding scenery improvements.
Enjoy the scenery, happy landings in Pattonville!