FS2020Control: Export Control Settings in Microsoft FS2020 to SQLite, Excel and Pdf
What the app does
- Tries to find the settings files of the controls and scans all
- Since version 1.2.5 with Control Context - thanks to all who pointed me to this blatant omission.
- I am not sure if this will work in all installations. Steam installations are special candidates for issues.
- Writes all settings into an SQLite Database, which can be used by advanced users to generate custom reports;
- Displays all control settings, allows for a subset selection and sort order for reporting;
- Generates a PDF reference sheet;
- Generates an Excel file with sortable and selectable entries.
Database, Excel and PDF file are stored in directory Documents/FS2020Key with names such as FS2020Controls_Mouse_A300.pdf. The directory is created when it does not exist.
- Unzip SetupFS2020Control.zip into a temporary directory
- Double-click `setup.exe`
- You can delete all temporary files after installation
- To start the program, type FS2020Control (part is enough) after clicking start. You can create links to FS2020Control from the popup menu.
After one user had informed me that I had used the wrong directory (that one with the standard templates), I have tried another mystical river to find the correct directory. Not sure if this works, Steam users, please report on github. Currently, I am searching for files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\somenumber\1250410\remote, where somenumber is different on each installation.
Since Version 1.3.0: When you have made a change in FS2020, files will be deleted and re-created. A slow blinking label in the menu indicates that a Reload is required.
See the github repository for details