NOTE about Touch Portal v4:
There are a number of issues with TP v4 which may prevent you from using it effectively for now. My personal recommendation is to wait to update. Please check the various bug report and beta forum rooms at Touch Portal server before deciding.
This plugin provides tools to build two-way interactive interfaces between Touch Portal macro launcher software and Flight Simulators which use SimConnect, such as Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS) and FS-X. The plugin makes available new Touch Portal Actions, Connectors, States, and Events for creating buttons and pages suitable for virtually any simulated aircraft, component, or system.
- Connects to local or remote simulators with SimConnect.
- Allows getting data variables from simulator at regular intervals, such as flight instrument readings, control surface positions, or switch states.
- Allows triggering any interactive aircraft event via Touch Portal Actions, such as setting switches, adjusting control surfaces, radio frequencies, and so on.
- Use Touch Portal "Sliders" to control a value within any range, and/or provide visual feedback to simulator variable changes (eg. a throttle slider can both control the sim throttle and show the actual position when the throttle is moved with mouse/joystick/keyboard).
- Completely configurable to request any variable or trigger any event supported by the connected simulator, including with custom extensions like MobiFlight.
- Supports simulator system events (such as "flight loaded" or "sim started") as Touch Portal Events.
- Allows simultaneous usage from multiple networked Touch Portal devices.
- Optional WASM integration allows even greater expansion, with access to many variable types (including "Local" variables) and events/actions not normally accessible via SimConnect alone.
- NEW: Includes database of all SimConnect Events and SimVars imported from MSFS online documentation.
- Integrates live HubHop data for activating thousands of available Input Events provided by the community.
Downloads and Repository
The project is published and maintained at: https://github.com/mpaperno/MSFSTouchPortalPlugin
Please follow the links above for more information, documentatoin, example pages, and the latest releases.
IF YOU DOWNLOAD FROM HERE: Unzip the file you downloaded here and extract the ".tpp" file inside. Then it can be imported into Touch Portal. Please see the README for further instructions.
The WASimModule zip file (included in the main zip file you download here) is an optoinal WASM module which enables deeper integration of the plugin with the simulator, including many 3rd party aircraft. To install it, just unzip the file and place the "wasimcommander-module" folder inside your Community folder. The simulator needs to be restarted if already running, after which "WASimCommander" should show up in the game's content manager.
Support and Discussion
Copyright (c) 2020 Tim Lewis;
Copyright Maxim Paperno, all rights reserved;
Copyright MSFSTouchPortalPlugin Project Contributors
See repository for license details, copyright, and disclaimer information.