Native Airbus A330-900neo for MSFS
The A330-900neo is a wide-body jet airliner manufactured by Airbus.
It is an evolution of the popular A330-300 with new improved wings and modern high bypass engines (Rolls-Royce Trent 7000) for better fuel efficiency.
The first A330-900neo entered service on December 15 2018 with the launch partner airline TAP Portugal, it can carry up to 287 passengers with a range of 13300 km.
Currently, we don't consider this aircraft a study-level aircraft.
→ Communication: I don't have time to respond to private messages, however, we regularly post information in this group: https://flightsim.to/group/18198/airbus-a330-900neo-conversion
→ Discord Server: https://discord.gg/UxWy8C6kgv
→ Simbrief Profile : Simbrief don't offer the A330-900neo profile but you can add this custom profile : https://www.simbrief.com/system/dispatch.php?sharefleet=352855_1650394989146
- 4K PBR textures
- Native wing flex and engine torque
- Custom flight model
- MSFS native effects and materials
- Semi-customized cockpit
- based on the FBW A32NX system
- Please remember to delete your previous headwind-a330neo from your community before installing an update. Don't override.
- Simply drag and drop the headwind-a330neo folder into your community.
- Remember to calibrate the throttle from the tablet (EFB).
- Keep in mind that the first loading can be a bit slow.
- You don't need any FBW A32NX installed: This A330-900neo is standalone.
- Chokes and plots are visible when the Beacon switch is OFF, the engines are OFF and the parking brake switch is ON
- The cockpit is based on the default A320 cockpit but semi-customized. This is not perfect but a few changes make it a bit different from an A320 cockpit.
- This is a beta and free version, please be cool.
A330neo Model Exception
The A330neo model used in this project is based on the work of Shervin Ahooraei from Project Open Sky. It is not open source, but we have been granted explicit permission to use it. All rights and credits for this model belong to Shervin Ahooraei. The model cannot be copied, modified, or distributed without his direct permission.
This aircraft systems are forked from the FBW A32NX project. This means that the systems are more advanced than the default Asobo A320. A cold and dark start requires some knowledge. If you don't know how to start an Airbus, I invite you to follow this tutorial.
A huge thank you to the FBW team without whom this project would not be possible. Please note that this A330neo is completely independent from FBW projects.
→ Tutorial for Throttle calibration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oqFfAMXCcc
Paintkit and liveries
Find more than 300 liveries here: https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/airbus-a330-900/
We also have moved out default liveries to a separate package here: https://flightsim.to/file/55170/a339x-livery-package
A paint kit is provided here: https://flightsim.to/file/21285/a330-900-neo-paintkit
Content within distribution packages built from the sources in this repository are licensed as follows:
- A330neo model: Not open source, used with explicit permission from Shervin Ahooraei of Project Open Sky.
- Original source code or compiled artifacts from Headwind Simulations: GNU GPLv3.
- Original 3D assets from Headwind Simulations: CC BY-NC 4.0.
- Derived 3D assets from FlybyWire Simulations: CC BY-NC 4.0.
- Other textual system code from FlybyWire Simulations: GNU GPLv3.
- Assets covered by the "Game Content Usage Rules": Under the license granted by those rules.
This project repository is on GitHub here: https://github.com/headwindmsfs/a330-900
This project is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with the Airbus brand or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.