Introducing the most detailed recreation of Houston Hobby Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator!
William P. Hobby Airport (colloquially referred to as Houston Hobby, or simply Hobby) is an international airport in Houston, Texas, located 7 miles (11 km) from downtown Houston. Hobby is Houston's oldest commercial airport, and was its primary airport until the Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport, opened in 1969. Hobby was initially closed after the opening of Houston Intercontinental; however, it was re-opened after several years, and became a secondary airport for domestic airline service, and a center for corporate and private aviation.
Houston Hobby is an operating base for Southwest Airlines, which has international and domestic flights from HOU, and carries the vast majority of its passengers. As of December 2017, Houston Hobby is the fifth largest airport in Southwest's network. Southwest opened its first international terminal at Houston Hobby, and began service from Houston Hobby to Mexico and Central and South America on October 15, 2015
- Codeveloped by FSimStudios and Texan Simulations
- Accurate rendition of Houston Hobby Airport, as of 2023.
- Complete Removal of Runway 17 to match plans for current construction.
- Custom Taxiway Signs
- Custom Ground Textures, with Discoloration to Match Real Life
- Improved High Res Orthographic Imagery
- Handmade PBR Textured Buildings (over 50 of them)
- Detailed Interiors for all the Concourses of the Terminal (you can also toggle them on and off).
- Updated AFCAD, including Taxiway Names and Parking Spots.
- Accurately modeled Terminal Building
- Hobby Airport DoubleTree Hilton, where the first day of the 2023 FSExpo will be held.