Voice controlled FBW A320 with integrated Voice Checklists - LUFTHANSA (need LORBYs Axis And OHs)
Here is a complete set of voice controlled functions for the FBW A320 with integrated checklists (Lufthansa procedures). To run this you need to have the full and newest version of Lorby's Axis and OH's installed. Get it from here. Also you need Microsoft's voice package installed on your windows system.
Aircraft voice controlled features:
- Beacon ON/OFF with confirmations
- Complete Flap settings with confirmations
- Gear UP/DOWN with confirmations
- Landing Lights ON/OFF with confirmations
- NAV Light ON/OFF with confirmations
- Parking Brake ON/OFF with confirmations
- Seat Belts ON/OFF with confirmations
- Spoilers ARMED/DISARMED with confirmations
- Strobes ON/OFF with confirmations
- Taxi Lights ON/OFF with confirmations
and much more...
Voice controlled checklists: (according to Lufthansa procedures)
- Before Start Checklist
- After Start Checklist
- Before TakeOff Checklist
- Approach Checklist
- Landing Checklist
- Parking Checklist
First make sure you have voices installed on your windows speech recognition system. Standard voice is "MARK" which gets assigned automatically when you start the first Checklist (or via a script in AAO). You can use a different voice by changing the first line ("VOICE:Microsoft Mark" into any other voice you have installed) in the checklists (Please also refer to the AAO manual Section Speech recognition). You also can assign the Voices prior to start the checklists by executing a script in AAO like this:
(VOICE:Microsoft Mark) (VOICERATE:0) (VOICEVOLUME:100)
All "SPEAK" commands will use this voice until you close AAO and you just need to do this once per session.
If you don't know how to do that, just drop me a message and I will explain it to you.
Second make sure you have the latest version of Axis and OH's installed as well.
Inside the package you will find 3 directories. Install as follows:
- AAO A320 Voice Template -> this .tmpl file needs to be imported in AAO (Templates->import Template). I suggest you merge that with your existing template you are using with FBW A320 by applying template to aircraft.
- Script import into AAO -> this .xml file needs to be imported in AAO (Scripting->import scripts). This is the voice script file. (not needed when imported the template file as this will import the script files also)
- Documents -> these text files (checklists) need to go to your documents folder which is supposed to be here: C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\Documents\LorbyAxisAndOhs Files\Scripts
Then you should be done so far. Easy as is. Only one thing needs to be changed and that is your PTT button. As I have a button on my HOTAS assigned, you might need to change that to your needs. Therefore go into AAO Assigned buttons window and look for "VOICE - PTT". Double click on it and change it to your prefered device and key/button.
For your convinience I have enclosed a Checklist PDF which is used for the commands to proceed within the checklists. If you are not sure which commands are needed to trigger actions, you can find them in AAO by clicking on the desired action and look in field "assigned button/key". That are the phrases wich are used to trigger actions or call checklists.
If you find some bugs feel free to comment and donations are also welcome, this takes me several hours/days of work to make it as accurate as possible. Donations will help to keep up the work and give constant updates to you!
Thank you and enjoy!