This package transforms the GoFlight EFIS and MCP-Pro modules into EFIS and FCU modules compatible with the FlyByWire A32NX in MSFS 2020. To function, SPAD.neXt software is also required.
The package contains a SPAD.neXt profile and printable templates (PDF and SVG formats) to place onto the GoFlight modules to make the EFIS and FCU easier to use. Use of the templates is highly recommended.
The following extra functionality above and beyond what the A32NX EFIS and FCU provide is also included:
- Master Caution cancel
- Master Warning cancel
- Chrono start/stop/reset
- Terrain on ND (currently inoperative in the FBW A32NX)
- Autobrake Lo/Med/Max selection and indication
- Brake Fan on/off
- Gear up/down
- Gear up/down/in-transit indication
- Anti-skid and Nose-wheel Steering on/off
- Adjust PFD/ND/ECAM upper/lower display brightness
The main principle employed in development of this package was to replicate the physical layout of the A32NX EFIS and FCU modules as closely as possible rather than attempt to map the same or similar functionality to existing labelled controls of the GoFlight modules. This is why printable templates are included so that all controls are relabelled to match their real world counterparts as closely as possible.
The second principle was to include as much additional functionality as possible but working within the constraint that any added function must be operated by a control located on the aircraft’s glareshield or instrument panel. This was done to keep operations closer to real aircraft operations.
Download the SPAD.neXt profile (A320 FlyByWire MSFS2020.xml) and copy it into your SPAD.neXt profiles folder e.g. C:\Users\your-userid\Documents\SPAD.neXt\profiles
Run SPAD.neXt and activate the A320 FlyByWire MSFS2020 profile.
Optional (highly recommended): Print the included templates and cut out the white sections for the displays and controls. Remove the rotary/selector controls from the GoFlight modules, apply the templates and replace the controls. TIPS (follow at your own risk!): Use a craft knife to make the cutouts. Print on adhesive paper. Before cutting and applying the templates, spray the printed sheet with an appropriate fixative or waterproofing substance.
1. As the GoFlight module’s rotary controls do not have PULL functionality, this is replicated by long pressing (greater than 1 second) the control.
2. The GoFlight EFIS module does not have a barometric pressure display. This value is therefore displayed on the FCU module, however the utilised display is limited to 3 digits whereas the pressure often requires 4 digits to be displayed in full. As such the first digit of the pressure is not displayed under certain circumstances. The missing digit’s value can however be easily ascertained and will be either ‘2’ or ‘3’ in INHG mode or ‘1’ in HPA mode.
3. The real world A32NX barometric rotary control performs the following functionality:
Switch QNH/STD mode
Switch inHg/HPA mode
Due to the GoFlight’s MCP-Pro module COURSE rotary controls not having a PUSH operation, the above functionality has been split across the GoFlight EFIS and MCP-Pro modules like so:
Increase/decrease value (MCP-Pro COURSE L rotary)
Switch QNH/STD mode (EFIS BARO rotary PUSH/PUSH and hold)
Switch inHg/HPA mode (EFIS BARO rotary turn anti-clockwise/clockwise)
Please refer to the attached documentation for a full list of control mappings between the GoFlight modules and the A32NX EFIS / FCU.