This guide provides a 30-page illustrated step-by-step guide to preparing and conducting a flight in the FBW A32NX. It is intended to help the beginner become familiar with preparing the A32NX and conducting a successful IFR flight.
It is inteded to suplement the official documentation and checklists to help the beginner identify and learn the complex systems used to operate the A32NX.
The guide assumes:
- That you will use simBrief to prepare a flight plan.
- You have airport and procedure information through a free or paid add-on.
- That you will use the development version of the FlyByWire A32NX with simBrief integration enabled.
- That you will conduct an IFR flight from and to an ILS-equipped runway using the appropriate ILS procedures and be guided by the (rather erratic) MSFS inbuilt ATC.
The guide is laid out in sequential order, and if you follow it page-by-page and step-by-step you will be instructed to conduct the correct actions in the right order and at the right time. Only steps required to successfully fly are listed. Many checks are omitted in the interests of simplicity. Omitted steps will always default to the correct settings in the simulator, whereas a real pilot would have to set or verify them.
Each page has:
- A Title (top -right) which corresponds to the preparation activity, phase of the flight, etc.
- One or more Headings which tell you which of the cockpit panels to look at to conduct the listed steps.
- Numbered and/or bulleted steps to follow. Each numbered step has the relevant control or display marked on a diagram on that page. Bulleted steps are for information or aren’t shown on a diagram for brevity.
- The action you should take is shown in BOLD and supplementary information in grey italics.
- Actions you should take in the MSFS UI are shown in brown and simBrief actions in green.
All copyrights and trademarks are acknowledged.