Let's celebrate this flight simming year with some fireworks!
To thank you all for your support and feedback on We Love VFR add-ons throughout last year I wanted to give you something special. This add-on gives fireworks effects around the World on various occasions. Experience fireworks displays on New Year's Eve in the air. See celebrations of the 4th of July in the USA, Diwali in India, and many more.
All towns and cities with over 50000 population (where data was available) have fireworks effects on New Year's Eve. All places marked in OpenStreetMap as "cities" are also included even when no population number is specified. Cities over 250000 have additional, bigger fireworks displays. In cities over 1 million, they are even bigger. Over 28000 locations overall.
Remember that the date panel in MSFS shows the date at UTC, not a local one, so it might get a bit confusing to set it.
Note to creators: Because of fs.to ToS BS (so many abbreviations!), and me modifying files with every update I've removed consent on using my assets in other add-ons. This doesn't mean I don't want you to use them! Just contact me and I will provide you with source files and assistance :)
To install just drag and drop "puf-welovevfr-xtra-fireworks" folder into your community folder. That's it.
Oh, and it doesn't need any of the other We Love VFR add-ons installed. It's standalone. The name is just for marketing :D
Here is a list of all fireworks occasions:
- 31 Dec - New Year's Eve - All around the World. Starts after dark around 20.00. Main displays from 22.00 till 1.30
- Everyday - Disney World/Land, Florida, and California - 21.30-21.45
- 26 Jan - Australia Day - official displays - 20.00-22.00
- 01 Feb (2022) - Chinese New Year - China - 0:00-6:00
- 16 May - My wife's birthday - Somewhere in Poland ;) - 20.00-22.30
- 04 Jul - USA Independence Day - USA - 20.00-0.00
- 14 Jul - Bastille Day - official displays in France - 22.00-0.00
- 01 Aug - Swiss National Day - Switzerland - 22.00-0.00
- 18 Aug - MSFS anniversary - Asobo HQ - 20.00-22.30
- 20 Aug - St. Stephen's Day - bigger cities in Hungary - 21.00-23.00
- 24 Oct (2022) - Diwali - India - 20.00-0.00
- 05 Nov - Guy Fawkes Day - United Kingdom - 19.00-22.00
- 11 Nov - Polish Independence Day - bigger cities in Poland - 20.00-22.00
- 30 Nov - St. Andrews Day - Scotland - 19.30-21.00
- 24 Dec - Christmas Eve - Peru - 22.00-2.00
- Canada and Lithuania celebrations will be added in the next version
Will this affect your FPS?
When there are no fireworks - no it shouldn't. I check conditions for fireworks every few seconds instead of every frame so it should have no impact on FPS.
During fireworks? Yeah, it can. In most cases, it takes 1FPS from me (i7 9700K, 1660Ti), so no biggie. But there might be places with a high density of cities that are more demanding like Tokyo (this one takes me 6FPS) - but it looks awesome, worth it. As it is just for special occasions it shouldn't be a problem ;)
I spend countless hours developing my add-ons, so donations are very appreciated, but not mandatory ;)
If you have any questions, feedback, or bug reports just comment here or visit my Discord »
PS: Happy New Year :)